|Levi, won his 2nd NCA Regional Finals for the year in the Open class at the Mountain
Regional Finals in Ogden, UT!
Stan, won the NCA Mountain Regional Finals in the Nursery Class!
Levi is son & Stan grandson of my @@Hatsoff Cap (RIP).
|1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Memorize your favorite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear.
4. Don't spend all you have.
5. Don't sleep all you want.
6. When you say, "I love you", mean it.
7. When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
8. Be engaged at least 6 months before you get married.
9. Believe in love at first sight.
10. Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
11. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's
the only way
to live life completely.
12. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
13. Don't judge people by their relatives.
14. Talk slowly, but think quickly.
15. When someone asks you a question you don't want to
answer, smile and
ask, "why do you want to know?"
16. Remember that great love and great achievements involve
17. Call your parents.
18. Say, "God bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
19. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
20. Remember the 3 r's: respect for self; respect for others;
responsibility for all your actions.
21. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
22. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate
steps to correct
23. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in
24. Marry a person you love to talk to. As you grow older,
his or her
conversational skills will be as important as any other.
25. Spend some time alone.
26. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
27. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
28. Read more books and watch less tv.
29. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and
you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
30. Trust in God but lock your car.
31. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all
you can to
create a tranquil, harmonious home.
32. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with a current
bring up the past.
33. Read between the lines.
34. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
35. Be gentle with the earth.
36. PRAY. There's immeasurable power in it.
37. Never interrupt when you are being flattered. Say, "thank
38. Mind your own business.
39. Don't trust a person who doesn't close his or her eyes
when you kiss them.
40. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
41. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others
while you are
living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
42. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
stroke of luck.
43. Learn the rules, then break some.
44. Remember that the best relationship is one where your
love for each
other is greater than your need for each other.
45. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order
to get it.
46. Remember that your character is your destiny.
47. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
-- Author Unknown
"Away" / "Away to Me" = Move around (circle) the sheep in an anti-clockwise direction A is
for Away - Anti-clockwise
"Come-Bye" = Move around (circle) the sheep in a clockwise direction C is for Come-Bye -
"Get Back" / "Get Out" = The dog is too close, it must keep further out and give the sheep
"In Here" = Move through a gap between sheep to separate them - when shedding. The dog will
then be expected to drive one bunch of the separated sheep away
"Lie Down" = Stop, lie down, slow down or just stand still - but often used to slow the dog
down. Intelligent things Border Collies - good ones can usually tell which the handler means by
the tone of voice
"Look Back" = The dog must leave the sheep it's working and turn around to look for more
sheep. An advanced "look back" can be done in such a way as to indicate to the dog which
direction the new sheep are located
"Stand" = Stand still - the dog must stop but remain on its feet - often used just to slow the
dog's speed or get the dog to allow the sheep to go further ahead of it
"Take Time" = The dog should slow down - usually used when the dog's likely to push the
sheep too hard and therefore panic them
"That'll do" = The dog must stop what it's doing and return directly to the handler
"There" = Stop flanking (circling) and move straight towards the sheep
"Walk Up" / "Walk On" = Move straight towards the sheep in a calm fashion without
|Read our interview for the
|"I can do all things
through Jesus Christ
who strengthens me."
|When life tells you to Quit,
Hope tells you to
Click on picture for more info
|CPH Arena Cattledog Trial
February 4 & 5, 2017
Owasso, OK ---- Arena owner Travis Cummings
|Congratulation! Jaime Gonzalez on another win with his good dog,
by Hatsoff Jack x Alba Nan
Owner/Handler - Jaime Gonzalez
|WINNEMUCCA COW DOG TRIAL - INTERMEDIATE HORSEBACK
by @@Hatsoff Jack x Alba Nan -- both dogs (RIP)
Owner/Handler - Jaime Gonzalez
Group rates are available at Best Western (Bricktown Lodge), Coffeyville. Call the
hotel directly at (620) 251-3700 and tell them you're with Duckhead. Rate should be
$83.29 + tax.
|Duckhead entries are due March 15.
You are looking at 3 NCA Regional Champs!
Steve Wight, Oaktree Levi & Stan